Marvel is celebrating the 80th Anniversary of the star-spangled Avenger in a variety of ways this year, including the recently revealed July variant covers that feature a variety of Marvel’s heroes donning their own versions of Cap’s iconic costume.
Iron Man, Black Widow, Miles Morales, and even Moon Knight will be wearing new costumes inspired by the original suit, designed by John Cassaday, Steve McNiven, Iban Coello, Pepe Larraz, Leinil Francis Yu, Mark Brooks, Nick Bradshaw, and Terry and Rachel Dodson.
The variants will begin to appear in stores on July 14, and you can use the handy checklist below to make sure that you don’t miss out on any at your local comic shop.
On Sale 7/14
- IRON MAN #10 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by JOHN CASSADAY & DAVE STEWART
- SPIDER-WOMAN #13 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by STEVE MCNIVEN & FRANK D’ARMATA
On Sale 7/21
- MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #28 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by IBAN COELLO & ALEJANDRO SÀNCHEZ
- MOON KNIGHT #1 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by PEPE LARRAZ & MARTE GRACIA
On Sale 7/28
- BLACK CAT #8 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by LEINIL FRANCIS YU & SUNNY GHO
- BLACK WIDOW #9 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by MARK BROOKS
- FANTASTIC FOUR #34 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by NICK BRADSHAW & RACHELLE ROSENBERG
- THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #4 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by TERRY DODSON & RACHEL DODSON
Check out a few of the covers below (and why does The Thing’s version accentuate the fact that he should always go shirtless?) and see the rest at Marvel.com.
Be sure to come back to Conskipper to learn all about the rest of Marvel’s plans for the 80th Anniversary of Captain America.