The nominees for the Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story or Comic have been revealed by the World Science Fiction Society and will be announced this December at DisCon III-The 79th World Science Fiction Convention, which will be held December 15-19, 2021 in Washington, DC.
The following titles are up for the 2021 award:
- DIE, Volume 2: Split the Party, written by Kieron Gillen and Stephanie Hans, letters by Clayton Cowles (Image Comics)
- Ghost-Spider Vol. 1: Dog Days Are Over, Author: Seanan McGuire, Artist: Takeshi Miyazawa and Rosi Kämpe (Marvel)
- Invisible Kingdom, Vol 2: Edge of Everything, Author: G. Willow Wilson, Artist: Christian Ward (Dark Horse Comics)
- Monstress, Vol. 5: Warchild, Author: Marjorie Liu, Artist: Sana Takeda (Image Comics)
- Once & Future Vol. 1: The King Is Undead, written by Kieron Gillen, iIllustrated by Dan Mora, colored by Tamra Bonvillain, lettered by Ed Dukeshire (BOOM! Studios)
- Parable of the Sower: A Graphic Novel Adaptation, written by Octavia Butler, adapted by Damian Duffy, illustrated by John Jennings (Harry N. Abrams)
The Hugo Awards celebrate all thing science fiction and give out a variety of awards for fiction and non-fiction writing, as well as science fiction films and television.
The Hugo Awards (named after Hugo Gernsback, the founder of the very first science fiction pulp magazine Amazing Stories in 1926) were first awarded in 1953, and have been awarded every year since 1955 and nominations and voting for the awards is open to all members of the World Science Fiction Society (WSFS),
Check out all of the nominations at the official Hugo Awards website and be sure to return to Conskipper in December (and earlier, of course!) to find out the results.