Justice League: Endless Winter, a nine-issue crossover event in December, freezes the world courtesy of an ancient evil, namely an exiled Norse god known as the Frost King.
Justice League: Endless Winter is co-written by Ron Marz and Andy Lanning, who will be taking over a number of existing titles and writing the additional wrap around two part series and a number of specials. The premise of the event tracks back to 1000 years ago, when ancient heroes Hippolyta, Black Adam, Swamp Thing and the Viking Prince initially defeated the Frost King and preserved the earth. As expected, after 1000 years, the Frost King is looking for a little revenge.
Lanning is excited “…to play with such a great cast of cool superheroes is like catnip for me. From the Justice League to Teen Titans, Aquaman to Black Adam and, probably my personal favorite, Justice League Dark, there are so many moments to showcase that there’s something for everyone.”
Justice League: Endless Winter includes the following issues (and the artists who will be teamed with Lanning and Marz on each title):
- Justice League: Endless Winter #1 (on sale December 1) with art by Howard Porter and Marco Santucci and cover by Mikel Janin
- The Flash #767 (on sale December 8) with art from Clayton Henry and Marco Santucci and cover by Clayton Henry
- Superman: Endless Winter Special #1 (on sale December 8), art by Phil Hester, Ande Parks, and Marco Santucci and cover by Francis Manapul
- Aquaman #66 (on sale December 15), with art by Miguel Mendonça and Marco Santucci and cover by Mike McKone
- Justice League #58 (on December 15), art by Xermanico and Marco Santucci, with cover by Francis Manapul
- Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1 (on sale December 15), featuring art by Jesus Merino and Marco Santucci, and cover by Bernard Chang
- Justice League Dark #29 (on sale December 22), art by Amancay Nahuelpan and Marco Santucci, cover by Kyle Hotz
- Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1 (December 22), art by Brandon Peterson and Marco Santucci, featuring cover by Dale Eaglesham
- Justice League: Endless Winter Special #2 (December 29), with art by Howard Porter, Carmine Di Giandomenico and Marco Santucci, and cover by Mikel Janin
Even though many heroes are included in the crossover, Marz insists that “The real spine of this story is the Justice League. This is a big crossover story, with a lot of big visuals and classic characters.”
Look for Justice League: Endless Winter #1 in stores on December 1.